January 15, 2010

Goodbye to the Small Kingdom

Hi,

Well, things have happened in something of a rush, the boss decided he wanted me to take my unused leave asap and I'm on a plane to Australia on Monday.  The town I am leaving is in many ways unrecognisable from the one I came to 17 months ago, the latest wonder is working street lights outside the office.

Last night I narrowly avoided a head-on collision with an unlit motorbike driving down the wrong side of the road in pitch darkness, but not soon enough to avoid a dive into the road and a lot of skin removal, so now I am faced with packing and moving out of my house in some degree of pain.  Tonight the staff are having a farewell party but I am really not up to a roudy crap Cambodian dance party, so I will take off as soon as I get on top of the last minute work.

A sample of one of the things I have been teaching staff how to do is the Indigenous People’s health newsletter at http://ipha.comxa.com/newsletter/IPHA%20RTK%20Newsletter%202%20EN.pdf

See some of you next week!

Tony

No comments: